Lori is a big believer in living life to the fullest. She says since everyone only gets one go around, they might as well enjoy it!
Which is why you can imagine our talent, clients, and staff in San Francisco get such a kick working with her.
Share her contagious enthusiasm by checking out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out the best thing you can do when looking for a job and her favorite place to keep up with the digital world.
- Best tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? Have your current title match what you want your next title to be. If you want to be a "Senior Visual Designer," then make that your title, not "Creative Genius." Companies want unique people, but they need to picture what role you can fill for them first.
- Favorite social network & why? LinkedIn!! Even before I was an Agent/Recruiter I would look at LinkedIn before any other social network. I’ve always loved seeing people’s career paths, and how they got to where they are now!
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? Showcase your talents; really sell yourself. The thing I love about meeting new creatives is listening to all their accomplishments. I also love seeing their face when I tell them they are exactly what hiring managers and companies are looking for!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? I love An Event Apart. It’s incredibly well run and has excellent speakers and a really friendly vibe.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be positive, willing to learn, and always say "hi" to everyone in the office.
- In your experience, why does Temp to Perm work so well in the creative and digital space? A couple months into a work environment is the only way to see if it’s a good fit for both the creative and the company. There are so many opportunities out there, talented people need to find the right one that will let them thrive.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Not to toot my own horn (too loudly, anyway) but I think it’s Digital Rendezvous. A few of us at Vitamin T created this meeting of the minds to discuss emerging trends in design, development, and all things web. It's turned into interactive discussions lead by some pretty impressive people with inspiring histories!
- Best ways to work with a recruiter to fill a role? Communication and trust. Many new clients will lump me into the typical "recruiter" category on that first meeting, but they soon realize I'm really an extension of their business. I listen to their needs, take them in, and then look for that perfect fit (skills and culture) who will make them look good!
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? An Architect! My future still holds designing my own house.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Electric. Comical. Expensive. Beautiful. Positive
- Guilty song pleasure? Dolly Parton's "9 to 5." And the movie is great, too!