When she’s not out taming the streets of LA with her fixie (or going up and down her building’s stairs), you’ll find Vanessa hitting the tubes of the Internets with Vitamin T’s LA team. We love the fact that she’s bilingual, speaking both Designer and Recruiter!
Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions and you’ll find out what advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Best digital event in your city? UX Meetup - LA.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Talented. Exciting. Progressive. Sun. Traffic.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Open with small talk to get to know the candidate. Listen, be up front, and ask simple yet bold questions.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Too much information/design, too little readability. Keep it simple, clean, and modern with a good structure.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? “What People Think I Do/What I Really Do.” Gotta love the Computer Programmer one.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable or Smashing Magazine.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Have a positive/can-do attitude, address issues immediately, and have fun!
- Next big thing in digital? Smartphones moving our online worlds off the browser and onto the streets.
- Guilty song pleasure? Cyndi Lauper’s "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"